HOW MANY HOURS DO DEVILLE PLAY?FOR A STANDARD WEDDING DEVILLE PLAY FROM 8PM-12
THESE HOURS CAN BE EXTENDED AT ADDITIONAL COST .
DURING THE BREAK CAN WE HAVE SOME BACKGROUND MUSIC PLAYING ?YES DEVILLE PLAY BACKGROUND MUSIC AS STANDARD DURING THE BREAK.
YOU CAN ALSO BRING YOUR OWN PLAYLIST ON IPOD/PHONE AND WE'LL PLAY IT.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE IN THE BAND IS ILL?REPLACEMENTS OR DEPS AS THEY ARE CALLED WILL STAND IN ,YOU WILL NOT BE LEFT WITHOUT ENTERTAINMENT .BUT IN OVER 15 YEARS OF PERFORMING NEITHER EUAN OR PETER HAS EVER MISSED AN IMPORTANT FUNCTION THROUGH ILLNESS.THE SHOW MUST GO ON AS THEY SAY.
CAN WE CHOOSE ANY SONG FOR OUR 1ST DANCE?YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE ANY SONG AT ALL.IF ITS A SONG WE FEEL WE CANNOT DO JUSTICE TO WE WILL RECOMMEND CHOOSING A DIFFERENT TRACK OR HAVING THE ACTUAL CD FOR THE 1ST DANCE WHICH WE WILL PROVIDE.
PLEASE BARE IN MIND IF A BAND SAY THEY CAN PLAY ANY SONG FOR YOUR 1ST DANCE I'D BE NERVOUS OF HOW GOOD IT WILL BE AS IT WILL BE THERE SEMI OR UNREHEARSED VERSION OF IT AND NOT HOW YOU KNOW IT.
WE FEEL ITS IMPORTANT TO BE HONEST, SO IF WE CAN'T PLAY IT THE WAY YOU KNOW IT WE'LL TELL YOU.
HOW MUCH DO YOU COST?OUR FEE VARIES AND IS DEPENDENT ON TIME OF YEAR ,DISTANCE TO VENUE,HOURS OF PERFORMANCE,DAY OF THE WEEK ETC.PLEASE CALL EUAN FOR AN EXTREMELY COMPETETIVE QUOTE,ON 01292 880125 OR USE CONTACT PAGE.
HOW DO I BOOK?WE REQUIRE A DEPOSIT TO BOOK THE DATE IN OUR DIARY (PLEASE CHECK AVAILABILITY FIRST).THIS CAN BE PAID BY WWW.PAYPAL.CO.UK, CHEQUE ,CASH OR DIRECT BANK TRANSFER .WE REQUIRE YOUR NAME(BRIDE AND GROOM FOR WEDDINGS),ADDRESS,TELEPHONE NUMBER INC MOBILE,DATE AND VENUE OF FUNCTION AND THE HOURS OF PERFORMANCE .WE WILL THEN SEND YOU A CONFIRMATION EMAIL OF ALL YOUR BOOKING DETAILS,HARD COPY ON REQUEST .YOU ARE THEN FREE TO CONTACT US AT ANY TIME TO DISCUSS FINE DETAILS SUCH AS 1ST DANCES ETC.
CAN I CHOOSE THE SET THAT I WANT AT MY WEDDING?WITH 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE BEWTWEEN US WE FEEL WE ARE BEST EQUPPED TO CHOOSE THE SONGS AND THE ORDER THAT WE PLAY THEM FOR ANY GIVEN NIGHT. THAT IS PARTLY WHAT YOU ARE PAYING US FOR . HOWEVER IF THERE ARE CERTAIN SONGS IN OUR SET THAT YOU REALLY FEEL YOU DON'T WANT PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL LEAVE THEM OUT.BARE IN MIND THAT ALTHOUGH IT MAY NOT BE YOUR PARTICULAR FAVOURITE SOME OF YOUR GUESTS MIGHT REALLY ENJOY THEM AND GETTING A BALANCE IS IMPORTANT.
HOW MANY CEILEIDH SONGS DO YOU PLAY?WE PLAY THE GAY GORDONS AND DASHING WHITE SGT AND FIND FOR MOST WEDDINGS THIS IS SUFFICIENT.HOWEVER IF YOU DO FEEL YOU WOULD LIKE SOME MORE WE DO HAVE A CD THAT WE COULD PLAY JUST AFTER OUR BREAK THAT INCLUDES SUCH DANCES AS STRIP THE WILLOW AND CANADIAN BARN DANCE.THESE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE DISCUSSED BEFORE OR AFTER BOOKING.
ONE OF OUR BRIDESMAIDS IS A GREAT SINGER CAN SHE COME UP TO SING A SONG?.WE'RE ALWAYS UP FOR A BIT OF FUN!
WE HAVE BOOKED YOU FROM 8-12 WHAT TIME WILL YOU ARRIVE?ALTHOUGH IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 40MINS TO SETUP WE AIM TO BE AT THE VENUE APPROX 1 HOUR BEFORE START TIME THIS GIVES US PLENTY OF TIME TO GET OUR EQUIPMENT IN AND SET UP.SO FOR A STANDARD 8-12 WEDDING WE WILL ARRIVE AT 7PM.
WHY SOULD I PICK DEVILLE OVER A BIGGER BAND?1. Bigger Bands Charge by the man not by the quality so on average Â£300 per band member, ouch!!
2. Is your venue tight for space? a larger band with drums may take up half the dancefloor.
3. A larger band could take 1hour or more than DeVille to setup, meaning if the band don't access the room untill 20:00 the bigger band won't be set up for 1st dance untill approx 21:30. Thatâs 90 mins that youâve paid for.DeVille will be set and ready at approx 8:40pm less than half the time.
4. Will the band you've booked be the band you get? Quite a lot of larger bands use stand ins regularly or deps as they are called, who are usually unrehearsed. I remember going to a showcase once and one of the bands used a stand in singer!!. And someone elseâs P.A.
5. Larger bands find it harder to play at lower volumes due to the dynamics of the drums. DeVille can play at any volume you like. Its not a rock concert and your older guests won't appreciate it if the band tries to turn it into one.
6. A backing track band such as DeVille can play a wide range of styles with ease. From swing, indie and rock to dance, hip hop and chart hits. Larger bands may attempt these but with large and complexed productions on many modern hits and old swing classics it may sound a bit empty.
7. Band vans are a thing of the past. With all the band members travelling separately in cars will they all get there in time? or will they all get there? We travel together with a trailer and are fully covered by the AA.
8. As bands donât really use vans anymore they need to use small P.A âs. This means the sound isnât always the best it should be for a live band. We have a 4K PA that is bigger than most bands use.
9. And finally good things sometimes come in small packages. We like to keep it simple as complexity crushes the human spirit. With our live band sound and live guitars you get the sound without the expense. Pick quality over quantity with DeVille.